AnneGG

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

My First Day (or, Worst Day on the Metro)

It was one of the worst starts to my day ever. I got snot on my hand in the metro.

I reached around the closest support pole, and when I pulled my hand away again, it felt . . . wet. Bad enough. But when I looked closer, I found a slime on my pinky that could be nothing other than snot. I wiped it on the housing supplement.

But there's really no way to get over that.

I still feel a little sick, but when I got to the coffee shop, I washed my hands thoroughly (I'm once read in a sunday school bathroom that "thorough" is 15 seconds, or as long as it takes you to sing "Jesus Loves the Little Children." This is now the gauge I always use.), and then drank a frappuccino out of spite for snot everywhere.

I'll probably just be posting short posts like this about my day, for fun and because I opened this blog, so I might as well use it.

3 Comments:

Blogger brd said...

I'm sure that this was not snot! It had to be okra!

I have friends who actually eat okra. They like okra. They purchase okra in the grocery store and look up okra recipes online. But to me, it's tantamount to eating snot. That, I do not want to do.

I would rather entertain the restaurant with a fifteen second rendition of Jesus Loves the Little Children!

2:51 PM  
Blogger brd said...

I'm sure it wasn't snot. Don't worry. No actually I'm sure it was. I mean, what else could it be? Some little kid, was digging for gold, and decided to leave someone a suprise. And you were a lucky winner.
~you sister Diane

5:26 AM  
Blogger The Crabby Hiker said...

That was lucky! Wow, I love you guys. No, it was snot. Unless it was Okra, which is, you're right, totally indistinguishable from snot. But the incidents of okra on the DC subway are limited at best.

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home