AnneGG

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

eBay

I'm getting sort of addicted to this whole eBay thing. I know I'm way behind the trend, but in the last week and a half I've bought a pair of shoes and a CD. Well, I'll have bought a CD in about 4 minutes. I'm actually writing this to distract myself while I wait to win my auction. One Ben Folds Five CD, one dollar. That seems fair.

Last week's purchase was a pair of imitation Steve Madden wedges in strappy red patent leather. Mmmmm. We'll see whether they cut into my foot like a sawblade. But they really do look just like the ones in the store.

Down to 32 seconds, and I'm still the high bidder. 14 . . . 6 . . . . wish me luck!!

1 Comments:

Blogger brd said...

Blog! Whether its ebay or Toni Morrison, it's more interesting when it's blogged, don't you think.

There is never any telling with eBay--whether you will win--until the last second when the autobidding starts.

My priest, well, ex-priest, is an expert at setting up an autobid that places at the last second and sweeps up that precious item you have been waiting for. It seems wrong, tragic really. You have already begun to salivate at 6 seconds, your hand has reached out for the item at 4 seconds, the sweat is on the palm at 2 seconds, then poof, the CD is not yours because at 1 second left, you have been trumped by a bid that exceeds yours by fifty cents.

I simply won't do it. My nerves won't take it.

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home