AnneGG

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Another Weekend Excursion (Going to Grandma's)

Well, we're getting out of the city again this weekend, this time to my Grandma and Pap's house. Hooray! I'm excited about the drive and my favorite steak that grandma always makes for me and watching movies with Grams and RING BOLOGNA and, of course, getting out of the city. Does anybody else eat ring bologna, by the way? I think it's a regional thing. Anyway, I eat it by the pound when I go to Grandma's.

While I'm there, I'll water Gram's plants and do basically anything else they need us to do. It's very strange to get to an age where the people who used to take care of you now need to be taken care of, and of course you don't even know how to do it. I'm worried about my grandparents, most of all worried that they're lonely, and it seems like such a strange thing to have to worry about your grandparents. But they're too old now to get out of the house much, and definitely getting too old to travel without a lot of preparation.

How does it happen, that families get spread all over the globe this way? Ah well, at least we've got a car, and it's not far . . . we'll leave after work and be there before dark!

4 Comments:

Blogger brd said...

Of course other peopel eat Ring Bologna. I think they live in Germany! These are the very people who are concerned enough to sit aroung a kitchen table eating ring bologna and conceive the Magna Carta Universitatum.

Meanwhile have a great time at Gram and Pap's. Fix a little flower box problem for her, will you. I planted low impatiens and she needed tall impatiens. It's enough to make you lose your patiens.

By the way, your blog doesn't allow for anonymous comments.

3:26 AM  
Blogger brd said...

Ring Bologna update. Grams had such fun eating ring bologna with you and is grateful for all the things you did for her.

Your guy passed the ultimate language of love in the R household test by aptly wielding a weed eater, etc. I think they enjoyed the opportunity to spend some quality time with just the two of you.

2:48 AM  
Blogger The Crabby Hiker said...

We had a great time too. It was very very relaxing for me.

For Jeff, I think he hasn't gotten over the internal awkwardness of relative visits -- and Pap did ask him if he knew Jesus as his savior for what we believe to be the third time :-)-- but he didn't betray any awkwardness, and I think by the end of the weekend, he was pretty relaxed.

We can't wait to be with you guys at Cape May -- what date are you arriving at the house again?

7:26 AM  
Blogger brd said...

We all should be so comfortable with our spiritual extremities I suppose.

And heck, even the best of us can't remember where we left our phones sometimes!

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home