AnneGG

Thursday, June 22, 2006

You've gotta be kidding

So my boss came into my office a few minutes ago and said, "Before the budget meeting, there's something I want to discuss with you." And I thought, well, whatever this question is going to be, it's going to be about money, and I won't be able to answer it.

Turns out, there wasn't a question -- she wanted to tell me that, since I've been working there six months and all, they wanted to give me a 10% raise. Yippee! This was totally out of the blue, though I guess a six-month raise isn't totally unexpected. Anyway, I should probably put the money toward my mountain of college loans, but maybe the first month I can like, I don't know . . . buy a really great dress or something.

4 Comments:

Blogger brd said...

I don't mean to complain or anything, but how come you get 10% raise after 6 months and I get a 2% raise after a year, (which incidentally does not even match the rate of inflation!!!) So, it is you, in fact, who are the brilliant one.

Congratulations and I'm so glad you have gotten the opportunity to work for people who appreciate the wealth of talent and skills you bring to the job.

12:57 PM  
Blogger The Crabby Hiker said...

Yeah, they're really nice here. Which is why I get the raise by the way, not because I'm brilliant.

And because they're socially minded. But you do work in the social work office. . .

If I could give you a mom-raise, I would.

1:02 PM  
Blogger brd said...

Dearest child,
(And I don't mind saying this publicly,) your life is a "raise" to me. All you are, your thoughts, your way of doing things, your writings, your loves, your hates, ad infinitum, are all like a raise to me. But not a raise. You have a sense of earning a raise. More like a gift that I value more than I can say.

brd aka mom

4:12 AM  
Blogger Red Photography said...

Buy a great dress and then try to forget you even got a raise--take the difference and squirrel it away in your savings account.

Not that I have ever followed this advice, but I hear its the responsible thing to do.

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home